Manchester City under Pep Guardioli continues the costly defensive rebuilding. This time the British beat the world record for the amount spent for the defender!
58 million euros – the only cost for The Citizens Benjamin Mendy. True madness! Let us remind you that the young Frenchman since 2016 was a player in AS Monaco. Previously he also performed in Olympique Marseille and Le Havre.
Mendy in the 2016/17 season played in 39 matches in AS Monaco in all competitions, scored one goal and recorded 11 assists. He was one of the most important characters in the team that won the French championship.
So far Manchester City has spent on transfers, attention … 240 million euros! Here are the most important expenses for the English:
– Kyle Walker (right-back) dropped from Tottenham for € 51.00m
– Bernardo Silva (right-back) brought from Monaco for € 50.00m
– Ederson (goalkeeper) brought from Benfica Lisbon for € 40.00 million
– Danilo (right defender) brought from Real Madrid for € 30.00 million
– Douglas Luiz (middle midfielder) brought in from Vasco da Gama for € 12.00m
You have to add Mendy to it. As you can see, in the new season City will have a completely renewed defense. Just wondering how much time will need new players to acclimatize to the Guardiola team?